The automobile wrap consists of a vinyl material which especially designed for advertising or colour change. The vinyl material is used to moderately or fully cover the car and in serving as a mobile billboard, displaying your company’s logo, contact details, graphics and customized prints. Vinyl sheets differ from paints are easily removable and can be frequently changed. Car wrap lets you change the appearance of the car without the need for expensive paint spray, the vinyl material may have a metallic, glossy, gradient colour or matte finish and graphics. For the car wrap to look neat the car’s original paint should be in good condition. It is also known as paint protection film prevents the original paint from scratches and UV damage. Once the vinyl wears out it is easier to replace it with new designs and patterns.
The car is thoroughly washed and remaining dirt is removed with compressed air and then the vinyl wrap is applied to the body of the car, a scalpel-like sharp tool is used to cut the vinyl around the tail, headlights and bumpers. After the application of the vinyl layer heat gun is used to fix the vinyl to the car, finally, a squeegee is used to remove any air pockets on the surface layer of the car. It is advised to gently clean the car without the use of hard brushes over the car wrap. The cost of a car wrap depends on the size of the vehicle and the style of the wrap, metallic finishes are more expensive due to the complexity involved in its application and cost of the material. The vinyl wrap should be removed with the help of heat gun and professionals to get a clean look. If the vinyl is not fitted properly it could lead to retention of water underneath the vinyl layer leading to rust and damage.
A car wrap may last for 5 years, too much exposure to sunlight can shorten its lifespan. Getting a car wrap makes your car stand out from the rest and offers extensive features of customization to get the desired designer pattern. Getting a car wrap protects the paint underneath increases its resale value by protecting the vehicles original colour and finish, increasing its second-hand market appeal. It is easy to repair a car wrap if there is a small tear on the vinyl wrap requiring only the panel repair.
Contact us for more information on car wrap and get an estimate
Wrap Film Series 1080
- Dual cast vinyl film in an array of colors. 3M is consistently adding new colors and patterns.
- Six distinctive-looking finishes, including matte, satin, gloss, carbon fiber, and brushed metal
- Fast, easy, bubble-free installations by a professional 3M Authorized Dealer and installer.
- Available in 60-inch rolls—allowing almost any section of the vehicle to be wrapped without seams
- Expected Performance Life (unwarranted period for unprinted film with no graphic protection, applied to a flat, vertical, vehicle surface)
- 7 years for Matte, Satin, and Gloss
- 5 years for Carbon Fiber and Brushed Metal
- Speak to a 3M Authorized Dealer about the expected performance life for Chrome.
Feel free to contact us and get more information on car wrap or get a free quote, call us +1 818-500-0092